Aiken Medical Malpractice Lawyers
According to the Institute of Medicine, approximately 100,000 people die in hospitals every year as a result of medical malpractice. Medical malpractice is said to have occurred when a physician, nurse or other medical professional fails to exercise an appropriate level of skill, diligence or care in performance of his or her duties. The standard of care that a medical professional is held to often varies by role, facility and geographic area.
The law firm of Connor & Connor, LLC, handles medical malpractice and medical negligence cases that involve:
- Birth injuries, including cerebral palsy, brain injuries or spinal cord injuries, Erb’s palsy, brachial plexus palsy, fetal death and more.
- Failure to diagnose, including misdiagnosis or improper diagnosis of breast cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer and other serious illnesses.
- Surgical errors, including wrong site surgery, bowel perforations, retained objects, anesthesia errors and other issues.
- Serious medication errors, including wrong medications, wrong amounts, wrong patients and more.
- Hospital injuries, including avoidable infections, deep vein thrombosis, MRSA, diabetic amputations, pressure ulcers/bedsores and more.
- Other instances of malpractice can include misinterpretation of X-rays or other radiographic studies, emergency room errors, failure to obtain informed consent and performing below-standard treatment among other things.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
Proving medical malpractice or negligence requires an attorney who understands the complex legal and medical issues involved. It also requires the ability to draw upon the expertise of the country’s premier experts in analyzing and developing a client’s case.
Our South Carolina medical malpractice attorneys at Connor & Connor, LLC, have years of experience handling medical malpractice and negligence claims. If you or a loved one has suffered from medical negligence whether in Athens, Albany, Atlanta, Columbus, Macon, Savannah, Valdosta or contact us today.
Contact an Augusta Attorney for Birth Injury Cases and Other Malpractice Cases
Call or contact us online today to schedule a free case evaluation with a South Carolina medical malpractice lawyer at Connor & Connor, LLC. Dial 803-938-4730 to speak with someone in our Aiken, South Carolina, office.