Nursing Home Injury Lawyers
People are often led to believe that nursing homes and other care facilities will provide their loved ones with not just an adequate level of assistance but with protection from harm. When unexplained injuries occur, it may signal serious problems at the nursing home.
If you notice that your loved one has sustained broken bones, pressure sores, infections, malnutrition, dehydration or any type of unexplained injury, take immediate action. Nursing homes should have plans in place to prevent these types of injuries and damages, and they should be held accountable if they occur wrongfully under their care.
The law firm of Connor & Connor, LLC, understands the signs of nursing home abuse or neglect, and we will strive to make sure any negligent parties are held accountable for your loved one’s serious injuries or wrongful death. If your loved one sustained an injury while in the care of a nursing home, call us to arrange a consultation: 706-993-4004.
Common Signs Of Neglect Or Abuse
Not all injuries are the result of neglect or abuse. However, there are some telltale signs that often suggest that abuse or neglect has occurred. Evidence of abuse or neglect can include:
- Pressure ulcers or bedsores, which signal the failure to turn and reposition immobile residents and the failure to keep residents clean and dry
- Severe or unexplained weight loss, which can be a sign of malnutrition
- Fecal impactions, fainting or extreme fatigue, which can be signs of dehydration
- Unexplained bruises or broken bones, which can be a sign of assault or the failure to provide appropriate fall prevention measures
- Urinary tract infections or acquired sexually transmitted diseases, which may signal poor hygiene, inadequate catheter care or sexual abuse
- Aspiration pneumonia, which can be caused by improper diet or lack of supervision while eating
If your loved one suffers from these events or others that seem out of the ordinary, it is wise to obtain counsel from a knowledgeable lawyer.
Contact Nursing Home Injuries Attorney
Call or contact us online today to schedule a free case evaluation with a nursing home injury attorney at Connor & Connor, LLC. Dial803-938-4730 to speak with someone in our Aiken, South Carolina, office.